ads2

ads1

vendredi 18 novembre 2011

Moroccan vegetable stew with tomato Couscous


My mother often tells a story from when my sister and I were younger. I came downstairs, attracted by the smell of something delicious and asked my Mom what was cooking for dinner. She replied, "Lentils with roasted vegetables!" I looked at her and said, "On the side of ..." My baby sister burst into tears. I think this is how many people feel the idea of a plant based diet, as you are not satisfied, as you'll be hungry. When I became the first vegan, I was inspired by the amount of food already loved was almost vegan, or at least easily adaptable. In this process, I noticed how often we make amazing, delicious, nutritious food and then throw beef, chicken or pork on it.

Now that I've moved away from these foods, it seems strange to me that I always thought they were necessary for a full meal. If anything, are inhibiting us from feeling the best we can. Embracing a vegan diet made me feel strong and powerful. I feel light, as if I am vibrating with my energy. Most of all, I'm feeling nourished by vitality everything I eat, colors and flavors, and all the good that I'm doing for me. So think about a dish you like and try it without meat. I think you will be surprised by how accomplishes, gastronomically and emotionally.

3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 eggplant, diced into cubes of 1 "
2 carrots, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 sweet potato, diced into cubes of 1 "
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups of vegetable stock
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon of curry powder (or Garam Masala)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 diced zucchini
1 large can tomatoes cut drained (reserve liquid)
1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cups golden raisins
4 tablespoons chopped coriander
Salt and pepper
whole wheat couscous 1 cup

Heat the olive oil in a saucepan. Add the onion, eggplant, carrots, peppers and sweet potatoes. Sauté until tender, 15-20 minutes. Add garlic and saute for a minute. Add the vegetable broth, cashew nuts, cinnamon, curry, cumin, turmeric and black pepper. Bring to a boil and cook for 10 minutes. Add Zucchini and cook for 10 minutes. Add tomatoes, garbanzo beans, raisins and coriander and cook for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, combine 3/4 cup of tomato liquid with 1/2 cup of water and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add 1 cup couscous, stir, cover and remove from heat. Let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Scoop on couscous dish, cover with stewed vegetables and enjoy!




This post was made using the Auto Blogging Software from WebMagnates.org This line will not appear when posts are made after activating the software to full version.

Aucun commentaire:

ff